For you engineers, tinkerers and makers with reality TV dreams — you’ve got until March 7th to submit yourself for a new Discovery show being produced by Pilgrim Studios — the company that makes Dirty Jobs, American Choppers, and Ghost Hunters (among many others).
I have no connection with this show, so I can’t assist you in any way other than advising you to keep your energy up (general guideline for being on camera), and make sure your fly is zipped (general advice for life).
DISCOVERY CHANNEL SEEKING AMERICA’S TOP INVENTORS, MACHINISTS AND ENGINEERS TO COMPETE FOR A HUGE GRAND PRIZE
Are you a designer who can build? Are you a machinist who can design?
The Discovery Channel is looking for America’s most creative and daring techies, machinists, inventors and engineers to design, build, and BLAST their way to a Grand Prize on their new competition TV show TOP ENGINEER.
A handful of lucky men and women will be chosen to take on exciting challenges from various engineering fields at the state-of-the-art WET design facilities (www.wetdesign.com) in California.
No, you don’t need to have an engineering degree to compete on this show, but you MUST be able to design, build, test and integrate an idea into a final product that WORKS. These will be fast-paced, hands-on, VISCERAL challenges! If your experience is strictly behind the keyboard, then this show is NOT for you.
We are looking for visual effects experts, accomplished home shop machinists, contractors and engineers with backgrounds in electrical, civil, structural or mechanical engineering.
If you have an outgoing personality and are ready to get your hands dirty for the chance to win a GRAND PRIZE and the title of TOP ENGINEER, then we want to hear from you.
Email TopEngineerCasting@gmail.com with your name, age, location, phone number, a recent photo and a brief explanation of why you are perfect for this competition show.
Deadline to submit is March 7, 2012
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Participant must be a legal US resident and at least 21 years of age as of March 7, 2012.
- Participant must be in good physical and mental condition and physically and mentally able to compete in a series of design and build-based challenges that may be considered physically and mentally demanding.
- An engineering degree is not required to be a Participant in this Program.
- If Participant is chosen by Producers to move into the final casting process, Participant must be available from approximately April 9 to April 12, 2012 for the final casting process in Los Angeles, California. Parts of the final casting process will be filmed for possible inclusion in the Program. Producers will provide transportation to/from Los Angeles and lodging in the Los Angeles area.
- Participant must be available from approximately May 8 to June 9, 2012 for the taping of the Program in Los Angeles, California. Producers will provide transportation to/from the filming location and lodging in the area.
- AS PART OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, YOU WILL ENGAGE IN ACTIVITIES THAT MAY BE CONSIDERED DANGEROUS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ACTIVITIES INVOLVING ELECTRICAL AND HYDRAULIC EQUIPMENT, POWER TOOLS AND MACHINERY, HEAVY OBJECTS, COMBUSTIBLES AND OTHER POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS MATERIALS AND FIRE.
- Participant must not be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become one from the date his or her application is submitted to Producers until one (1) year after the initial broadcast of the Program.
- Neither Participant, nor Participant’s immediate family members (including, without limitation, spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses) or those living in the same household as Participant or such persons’ family members, whether or not related, may be officers, directors, employees or agents of the following:
Producer, Pilgrim Films & Television, Inc., WET Design, Discovery Communications, LLC, or any of their respective parents, divisions, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, advertising or promotional agencies, or judging agencies;
Any other party associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Program; or
Any sponsors of the Program or prize consideration or service supplier for the Program.
Any Participant closely acquainted with any person connected with the production or administration or exhibition of the Program may not be eligible if, in Producer’s sole discretion, the person’s participation could create the appearance of impropriety.
- If you are selected as a potential participant, you will be required to execute waivers and release agreements required by Producer and The Discovery Channel or any of their licensees, successors or assigns.
- Participant may be required, and must agree, to undergo background checks and/or physical and psychological examinations and testing (to be conducted in Los Angeles by medical professionals or trained personnel selected by the Producer). Participant must be willing to submit medical information to Producer and submit to a medical examination, psychological examination, and background check.
- Participant must never have been charged with, nor convicted of, a felony, or have criminal charges pending against him or her. Furthermore, Participant must never have been convicted of or have charges pending against him or her for any of the following misdemeanors:
- Making terrorist threats
- Willful violation of a domestic violence protective order
- Threatening a public officer or employee with violence
- Intimidating a witness
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Producers through the Unbreakable Casting Hotline at 818-478-4570 or email TopEngineerCasting@gmail.com